My time at the health club

Saturday, March 14, 2009

THE FIELD TRIP


Oh my goodness I have been on a roller coaster of emotions today. After our early breakfast the event planners loaded us into the bus . This is a picture of Nicky waving from the window.













The Turkeys tried to get on the bus but they were turned away. It was rather sad, those big old boys followed the bus all the way down the road calling for us and beseeching us to take them along but we left them behind.





You will never believe where we went . To the Ride-a-thon. We had talked about this all week but I had forgotten, I was so excited to be around all the other horses, You should have seen it , I be there were 100 buses loaded with equine participants .

Here is a picture of us as we arrived at the Ride-a-thon. I asked them not to photograph me until I could clean up a bit however, Much to my surprise , included in my entourage was one of my personal hair dressers, and she got to work immediately to make me look my best.







The trip went very well. We had an emergency stone-ectomy for Chili out on the trail but that was about the most exciting thing other than the dead cow that we saw. I did try to turn around at one point, I was ready to go back but one of the directors encouraged me to change my mind and I was persuaded to co-operate with the herd.














Notice please that I am in front of Nick making my way to the Front of the herd. There is not Lazy Daisy anymore I am Dauntless Daisy, Daring Daisy, Delightful Daisy . Nick got worn out and had to start resting on the way back from the 11 mile hike. I understand that he may be getting a buzz cut in the near future as well as some much needed boot camp training to get him back into shape. I really dusted him and I believe he is rather humiliated.




The best part of the whole day was meeting up with alot of our friends .
I have to admit I was really tired when we got back to the spa but lunch was served immediately and then we hit the pool.



















I had hoped to catch the Saturday night movie in the dining hall, It is Chicken Run, but I think I am hitting the hay early instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home